UNC Health Sciences Library
Doctor of pharmacy students have access to hundreds of databases, online books, and journals via the UNC Health Sciences Library’s Web site. Your Onyen account will allow you to access these resources when you are not on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus. When you are on campus, you do not need to login in via Onyen to access resources. The only resource not available off campus is Micromedex.
The Health Sciences Library provides on- and off-campus access to thousands of resources, such as:
- Citation and full-text literature databases (PubMed MEDLINE, BIOSIS Previews, CINAHL, Chemical Abstracts, Google Scholar, International Pharmaceutical Abstracts, PsycInfo, SPORTDiscus, Web of Science, etc.)
- Electronic journals (BMJ, JAMA, The Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine, Science, American Journal of Medicine,American Journal of Nursing, American Journal of Health Systems Pharmacy, American Journal of Public Health, Journal of Dentistry, etc.)
- Electronic books (AHFS Drug Information, Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation, Mosby’s, the Merck Manual, Goodman & Gilman’s, etc.)
In addition to providing access to the resources listed above, the Health Sciences Library provides:
- Access to one of the largest collections of print journals and books in the country.
- Librarians, who are available to help you with searching databases, managing your citations, creating multimedia projects, and with any other question you may have about information.
- Special services for distance education students, including students on immersion or advanced immersion experiences.
- A safe, quiet place to study with wireless access on all floors, study rooms, and a coffee shop.
Asheville based students may visit the Ramsey Library.