The School will pay AHEC housing fees for students who are assigned an:
Advanced Immersion Experience
- Practice site with a commute >60 miles from the student’s base institution (according to Google Maps). The base institution for each region is the following:
- Asheville – Mission Hospital
- Chapel Hill – UNC Medical Center
- Charlotte – Carolinas Medical Center
- Durham – Duke University Hospital
- Fayetteville – Cape Fear Valley Hospital
- Greensboro – Cone Health
- Greenville – Vidant Medical Center
- Raleigh – WakeMed Raleigh Campus
- Students are responsible for securing their own housing for experiences located in the Chapel Hill, Durham or Raleigh region (AHEC housing not available)
- Students are responsible for securing their own housing for out-of-state or international experiences (AHEC housing not available)
- Community site with a commute >60 miles from the student’s permanent residence (according to Google Maps).
- Health system, inpatient clinical or ambulatory care site >60 miles from the student’s permanent residence (according to Google Maps). Eligible health system sites include:
- Cone Health
- Vidant Medical Center
- Access the MyAHEC site at http://my.ncahec.net
- Create a MyAHEC account.
- Complete the student housing application. Student questions can be submitted to: Ms. Pam Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing is first come, first serve. Apply early as not all requests can be accommodated.
- If a student applies for AHEC housing and housing isn’t available, it will be the student’s responsibility to arrange and pay for his/her own housing.
- Sites may require a housing agreement and a monetary deposit.
- Housing is randomly assigned. If you wish to room with another student pharmacist, you may request this by contacting the AHEC housing coordinator via email.
- Housing assignments are communicated with students approximately 2 to 4 weeks prior to the start of your experience.
- Students may arrive no earlier than 1 day prior to the experience start date. Students may depart no later than 1 day following the experience end date. Check with the AHEC housing coordinator regarding eligible arrival dates and departure dates.
- Housing may be co-ed with a shared apartment. Individual bedrooms will be provided.
- No pets of any kind are allowed.
- No one may stay in AHEC housing except the student. Exceptions will NOT be made for significant others or children.
- There is no obligation to utilize AHEC housing. Explore all other options before applying for housing.
Cancel housing IMMEDIATELY through MyAHEC if your plans change. Those reservations not cancelled 5 days prior to arrival may be subject to penalty or fees by the AHEC and/or the School.