Advanced Immersion Experience Change Request Policy
AIE Schedule Rationale:
Advanced Immersion Experience assignments are made considering student preference and preceptor/site availability. Final assignments are made at the discretion of the Region Director in conjunction with the Office of Experiential Programs. Availability is submitted directly by the site to the Office of Experiential Programs, and may consider, among other factors, a maximum number of learners, including residents. Final assignments are designed to first provide high-quality learning experiences, as well as achieve program outcomes and ACPE standards. This may result in experiences assigned outside of a student’s preference.
Eligibility to Request Changes to the AIE Schedule:
- Each student is given the opportunity to submit ONE Advanced Immersion Experience change request for an assignment they would prefer to change. This limit is in effect across all regions and for the entire academic
- Note– This limits a student to request one schedule change. This does not guarantee the request can be accommodated.
- Additional changes will not be considered, and students should refrain from requesting more than one experience change
- Note– If your initial change request is denied, you are not able to submit another change request.
- International experiences are not eligible for change requests per the Office of Global Engagement.
- Out-of-state and school-scheduled experiences are typically not eligible to be changed via student request, however, will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Requesting a schedule change within this category will count as the one available change request.
- Beginning in mid to late May, students may request a change to an Advanced Immersion Experience scheduled between August 1 through April 30. Any change request must be submitted at least 3 months prior to the start of the Advanced Immersion Experience, subject to the change request.
- The experience change cannot result in the need to move more than two months of scheduled experiences.
- To submit a change request, students must complete the Change Request Form. Emails are not an acceptable form for submitting a change request and will not be considered.
- An official change request must be made via the Change Request Form. A change request should never be made directly to a Region Director or preceptor, and any change request circumventing the official process will not be considered.
- All change requests are subject to review by the Office of Experiential Programs.
- Submitting a change request does not guarantee it will be approved or accommodated.
- Once a student-initiated change has been finalized and completed, the schedule may not be changed back to the original schedule.
- The School and/or region reserves the right to implement changes to the student schedule (e.g. COVID-related site issues, change in availability, etc.). These changes are made only when necessary, and when possible, the School and/or region will make efforts to seek the input of the impacted Any school- or region-initiated change will NOT count towards the one allowable student change request.